Hi! We’re applied sociologists Luke and Stephanie.
Join us as we use our sociological skills and knowledge to solve problems, produce content, live sustainably, and build our global network!
- Sociology Under Attack: What Happened in the University of Delhi is a Disciplinary IssueIs sociology under attack globally? We think so. Learn more from Dr. Rituparna Patgiri and she shared her experiences in India.
- The Employable Sociologist: A Guide for UndergraduatesThis book addresses a gap in and outside academia: how to help Sociology undergraduates develop skills for career success while maintaining a sociologically rigorous approach.
- Can Applied Sociology be a Catalyst for Radical Inclusion in Sociology?Can applied sociology be a catalyst for radical inclusion in sociology? Read more from applied sociologist and consultant Dr. Stephanie Wilson.
- Sociology and Nursing: The Importance of EmpathySociological essay written by Chloe Violette from The University of Tampa in Florida, US. This first place essay is about empathy, sociology and nursing.
- Why is Sociology Important? The Cornerstone of the Social SciencesThis essay on the importance of sociology written by Hassana Idris is part of Applied Worldwide’s 2023 Global Student Essay Competition.
- Why is Sociology Important? A Never-ending Set of KnowledgeThis essay on the importance of sociology written by Chiamaka Onunumonu is part of Applied Worldwide’s 2023 Global Student Essay Competition.
Sponsors and Partners
- Sociologists for Women in Society and Applied WorldwideApplied Worldwide has forged a new partnership with Sociologists for Women in Society (SWS) to highlight and connect feminist applied professionals!
- Colorado Mesa University Sociology Students on TwitterApplied Worldwide partners with Dr. Brenda Wilhelm from Colorado Mesa University to share content from sociology students on Twitter.
- The Association for Applied and Clinical SociologyThe Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS) was the first professional organization to forge a partnership with Applied Worldwide.
- Hilary Burrage, MSc: Sociology Theory, Research, and PraxisThis profile of Hilary Burrage is brought to you by Applied Worldwide with the goal of enhancing a vision of applied sociology.
- Rebecca Joy Tromsness, MA: Advocating for the Value of Care WorkThis profile of Rebecca Joy Tromsness is brought to you by Applied Worldwide with the goal of enhancing a vision of applied sociology.
- Sophie Nathenson, PhD: Widespread Wellness through SociologyThis profile of Sophie Nathenson, PhD is brought to you through a partnership between Applied Worldwide and Sociologists for Women in Society (SWS).
- Language Endangerment and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 authors Jason Brown and John Middleton about their chapter on language endangerment.
- Gender Based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 author Dr. Ӧzlem Altıok on her chapter discussing gender-based violence against women.
- Fatphobia and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 authors Laurie Cooper Stoll, Angela Meadows, Stephanie von Liebenstein, and Carina Carlsen.
Get in the Repro Know
Introducing Get in the Repro Know, a weekly blog series from sociologist and reproductive rights expert Dr. Elle Rochford.
From the Author: From environmental movements to the criminal legal system to new age instagram, reproductive health and politics covers a lot of ground! It is a full time job staying up to date and I should know because it’s my full-time job! I know not everyone can spend hours a week reading up on reproductive health, so I’ll boil it down to 800 words or less so you can get and stay in the repro know.
On Mexican Society
Browse our “On Mexican Society” blog series written by guest contributor Luis Alberto Peniche Moreno!
Indian Philosophy and Society
Browse our “Indian Philosophy and Society” blog series written by guest contributor Adhrish Chakraborty!