Join us on our mission to enhance a vision
of applied sociology!
- Why is Sociology Important? The Cornerstone of the Social SciencesThis essay on the importance of sociology written by Hassana Idris is part of Applied Worldwide’s 2023 Global Student Essay Competition.
- Why is Sociology Important? A Never-ending Set of KnowledgeThis essay on the importance of sociology written by Chiamaka Onunumonu is part of Applied Worldwide’s 2023 Global Student Essay Competition.
- Doing Sociology: Creating a Space for EveryoneThis essay on the importance of sociology written by Sarah Shaan is part of Applied Worldwide’s 2023 Global Student Essay Competition.
- What is Sociology to the World?What is sociology and why is it important? Read more from Nigerian sociology student Muhammad Yasin Yahaya!
- Backlinks, Learning Management Systems, and Social MediaWebsite backlinks, learning management systems, and social media are three ways to reach greater audiences with your writing.
- A Vision of Self-Reliance: Captain Ibrahim Traoré’s Rallying Call for a United and Independent AfricaCanadian Sociologist Richard Atimniraye Nyelade writes on Burkina Faso’s Interim leader, Captain Ibrahim Traoré, discussing an autonomous future for Africa.
Sponsors and Partners
- Sociologists for Women in Society and Applied WorldwideApplied Worldwide has forged a new partnership with Sociologists for Women in Society (SWS) to highlight and connect feminist applied professionals!
- Colorado Mesa University Sociology Students on TwitterApplied Worldwide partners with Dr. Brenda Wilhelm from Colorado Mesa University to share content from sociology students on Twitter.
- The Association for Applied and Clinical SociologyThe Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS) was the first professional organization to forge a partnership with Applied Worldwide.
- Rebecca Joy Tromsness, MA: Advocating for the Value of Care WorkThis profile of Rebecca Joy Tromsness is brought to you by Applied Worldwide with the goal of enhancing a vision of applied sociology.
- Sophie Nathenson, PhD: Widespread Wellness through SociologyThis profile of Sophie Nathenson, PhD is brought to you through a partnership between Applied Worldwide and Sociologists for Women in Society (SWS).
- Chloe E. Bird, PhD, FAAAS, FAAHB: Using Sociology to Address Sex and Gender Differences in Health CareThis Applied Worldwide profile of Chloe E. Bird is sponsored by the American Sociological Association’s section on Sociological Practice and Public Sociology.
- Language Endangerment and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 authors Jason Brown and John Middleton about their chapter on language endangerment.
- Gender Based Violence and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 author Dr. Ӧzlem Altıok on her chapter discussing gender-based violence against women.
- Fatphobia and a Global Agenda for Social JusticeExclusive interview with Global Agenda for Social Justice 2 authors Laurie Cooper Stoll, Angela Meadows, Stephanie von Liebenstein, and Carina Carlsen.
Get in the Repro Know
Introducing Get in the Repro Know, a weekly blog series from sociologist and reproductive rights expert Dr. Elle Rochford.
From the Author: From environmental movements to the criminal legal system to new age instagram, reproductive health and politics covers a lot of ground! It is a full time job staying up to date and I should know because it’s my full-time job! I know not everyone can spend hours a week reading up on reproductive health, so I’ll boil it down to 800 words or less so you can get and stay in the repro know.
Applied Worldwide Nigeria
We are excited to have launched Applied Worldwide Nigeria, a website dedicated to empowering Nigerian creators and communities!
On Mexican Society
Browse our “On Mexican Society” blog series written by guest contributor Luis Alberto Peniche Moreno!
Indian Philosophy and Society
Browse our “Indian Philosophy and Society” blog series written by guest contributor Adhrish Chakraborty!