Luke is Applied Worldwide’s co-founder and CEO. He received his M.A. degree in Applied Sociology from the University of Northern Colorado and conducts community-based research, writing about topics such as Islamophobia, urbanism, and racial inequality. Luke is a veteran of the US Navy and has over six years of experience teaching sociology at the college level, during which he has developed innovative teaching methods incorporating the use of social media in the sociology classroom. You can connect with Luke on Twitter, LinkedIn, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more from Luke:
- Should I get a Master’s in Sociology? Career Prospects
- Analysis of Sociology Jobs in the Tech Industry
- Photovoice as a Research Method in Community Development
- Internship Programs in Sociology: Why they are VITAL!
- Building a Website as a Public Sociology Assignment
- The Sociology Conference and Professional Development
- Alpha Kappa Delta – Sociology Honors Society
- Educational Philosophy: Teaching Applied Sociology
- Student Centered Teaching in Sociology: Classroom Power
- Writing in Sociology: One of our Most Valuable Skills
- Course Design and Challenging Student Questions
- Sociology Research Papers: Should they be Required?
@SociologyTheory and Twitter
- The Story of @SociologyTheory: Origins and Initial Reviews
- The Story of @SociologyTheory: Sociology Twitter Assignments
- Renovations to the @SociologyTheory Twitter Handle
- Five Reasons to Use Twitter in Sociology Classrooms
- Getting to Know Sociologists on Twitter: A beginners guide
- Human Trafficking and the United States Military
- Why do Families have Political Arguments on Thanksgiving?
- Placemaking and National Forests: Sociology of Public Land
- Sociology of the National Football League
- Discourse Analysis of Christmas and Santa Claus
- Sociology and Halloween: The Need for Sociologists
- Institutionalized Discrimination in Sociology