In this edition of our Writer’s Update we will talk about backlinks, learning management systems and social media. We want to address these topics briefly with our readers and writers because these are all important ways to reach a wider audience with our brand mission, and the content that has been written by many of you.
As you likely know, our broad mission as a brand is to enhance a vision of applied sociology. To execute that mission, we utilize Search Engine Optimization techniques to produce content on our website to ensure applied sociology content is accessible to folks searching for information on sociology. We know that sociology is an incredibly versatile and applicable discipline that supports development of important skills for students. By producing content that not only reiterates this idea in various ways but also ranks highly on search engines like Google, we are able to shift the narrative of sociology in a positive and fruitful direction!
All that said, backlinks are one way to support a website’s rank on Google, and this Writer’s Update will dive into why backlinks matter and how you can use them to support Applied Worldwide’s mission!
Why Backlinks are important
Backlinks hold a ton of power on the internet. Different organizations have different ways of measuring a webpage’s search engine authority, such as Google’s “Average Ranking Score.” After running our own websites for several years and providing web design and online marketing consulting services to clients, we have noticed that many of these measurements depend heavily upon backlinks. In short, having more or higher quality backlinks is the quickest way to rank high on Google.
So what does this mean? The best and easiest way to support Applied Worldwide’s mission is by linking our content across the internet! Here are a few ideas:
Add links to our content to your Learning Management Systems
Everyone who is teaching at a college or university probably uses a Learning Management System like Canvas or D2L. What you may not know is that when you add links to your Learning Management Systems it performs as a backlink and helps websites rank better on search engines. So, it really helps us if you add links to our website on your LMS when sharing our content with students.
We have tons of content that would be great for using in your Learning Management Systems. For example, our article title, Examples of the Sociological Imagination in Everyday Life, has become quite popular. This would be a great exploratory article for students first being exposed to our discipline. Other ideas include our article called, What is Clinical Sociology? Becoming a Clinical Sociologist. This is a great article that could be used in lessons on professional development in sociology. A couple other article titles that may be useful to add to your learning management systems include:
- The Sociology of Health Care and Evidence-based Medicine
- Medical Sociology: Applying Sociology in Health
- Sociology Jobs with Career Advice from Professionals
Add backlinks to our content on your website
This might be a bit more obvious but if anyone has their own website, it helps us out a great deal if you link to our content. Simply add a link to any of our articles and it will count as a backlink and consequently benefit the search engine position of that webpage. If you would like to exchange backlinks please reach out to us at AppliedWorldwide@gmail.com.
We have content on a wide variety of topics across our collection of websites! Here is a list of our three main websites!
Add links to our content in your social media posts
It always benefits us if you share our content on your social media. Of course sharing our content on social media will help spread the word about our brand, but in some cases doing so can also count toward backlinks. At the very least it helps increase our chances of gaining backlinks. So, it doesn’t really matter which social media platforms you are using, please share our content! On a side note, LinkedIn has become a really popular and beneficial social media platform, so give us follow and share our content on LinkedIn.
Final Thoughts on the Importance of Backlinks on Learning Management Systems and Social Media
There are tons of important elements to running a successful website. In this world we talk a lot about SEO or Search Engine Optimization. There are thousands of blogs across the internet with tips on how to optimize your website so that it is more successful gaining organic traffic from search engines.
Having good quality content and doing keyword research are two ways to actively improve search engine ranking. However, in our opinion backlinks are just as important and maybe even more important in terms of improving a website’s search engine visibility.
It is not quite a perfect science where the webpage with the most backlinks shows up the most frequently in search results. But, when you add Applied Worldwide backlinks to websites on your LMS, your own website, or via social media posts, it is really helping to support our mission to enhance a vision of applied sociology, worldwide!
Frequently Asked Questions about Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- What is a Learning Management System (LMS)?
- A Learning Management System (LMS) is a software application that facilitates the administration, documentation, tracking, and delivery of educational courses or training programs. It provides a centralized platform for organizing and managing learning content, assessments, and learner progress.
- How does an LMS benefit organizations?
- LMS benefits organizations by streamlining training processes, reducing administrative overhead, and improving accessibility to learning materials. It enhances employee or student engagement, tracks progress, and allows for customization of content to meet specific learning objectives.
- What features should I look for in an LMS?
- Look for features such as user-friendly interface, content authoring tools, customizable assessments, reporting and analytics, mobile compatibility, integration capabilities with other systems (e.g., HR software), and scalability to meet the organization’s evolving needs.
- Are there different types of Learning Management Systems?
- Yes, there are various types of LMS, including cloud-based (hosted on the internet), on-premise (installed on local servers), open-source (allowing source code modification), and proprietary (commercially licensed). The choice depends on factors like budget, customization needs, and IT infrastructure.
- How can an LMS support employee training and development?
- An LMS can support employee training by providing a centralized platform for onboarding, skill development, and compliance training. It enables organizations to deliver consistent training materials, track employee progress, and assess their performance.
- What is the cost of implementing an LMS?
- The cost of an LMS varies based on factors like the type of LMS (cloud-based, on-premise), the number of users, features, and customization requirements. Some LMS providers offer subscription-based pricing models, while others may charge based on the number of users or courses.
- Can an LMS integrate with other software systems?
- Yes, many LMS platforms support integration with other software systems such as HR software, CRM systems, and webinar tools. This integration helps in data synchronization, streamlining processes, and providing a more comprehensive view of organizational data.
- How do I ensure the security and privacy of data in an LMS?
- To ensure security, choose an LMS that complies with industry standards for data encryption, access controls, and regular security audits. Additionally, consider using a system with robust user authentication mechanisms, role-based access controls, and data backup procedures to protect sensitive information. Regular updates and patches should also be applied to address potential vulnerabilities.