Dr. Stephanie Wilson is our Director of Organizational Research and lead researcher and a sociologist with specialized knowledge in healthcare organizations and systems who has nearly a decade of experience conducing social research.
Her research training began during her Master’s degree work at the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) where she regularly worked with community organizations on contracted research projects through UNC’s Social Research Lab. It was in this setting that Dr. Wilson realized the invaluable insight organizations could gain through sociological data collection and analysis. Upon continuing her research training through the PhD program at Purdue University, she honed countless methodological skills in her toolkit including survey design, data visualization, advanced statistical methods, and a multitude of qualitative data collection techniques such as interviewing and archival analysis.
As a sociologist, Dr. Wilson offers a unique perspective by drawing on social theory to make sense of data collected. Social theory is imperative to solving problems and making successful changes for organizations because, like society, they are made up of individuals and groups of people.
Learn more about organization services offered by Applied Worldwide at the link below!
Dr. Stephanie Wilson: Select Professional Accomplishments and Awards
- Principle Investigator for the Pelvic Pain Project—a mixed methods investigation of disparities in pelvic pain care in the US
- Lead research assistant for Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment’s needs assessment “Barriers to Active Living”
- Principle Investigator for “Giving the Talk”—a qualitative study on stigma, social support, and sexual health disclosure
- Lead research assistant for program evaluation of “Make TODAY Count!” community health campaign in Weld County, CO
- Lead research assistant for program evaluation of “Community Care Corps” program for North Colorado Health Alliance
- 2020 Recipient of the Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology’s Scholarship Research Creative Arts (SCRA) Award
- 2020-2021 Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship Recipient (Purdue University)
- 2019-2020 Recipient of the Water Hirsch Dissertation Research Award (Purdue University)
- Honorable Mention Certificate for the ASA’s Section on Social Psychology Graduate Student Investigator Award (2019)
- 2019 Recipient of the Eichhorn Fellowship in Medical Sociology (Purdue University)
- 2019 Recipient of the Dean Knudsen Ph.D. Dissertation Award (Purdue University)